3-way conferences and student-led conferences
A 3-way assessment provides a forum for teachers, students and parents to acknowledge student progress and achievement. Both conferences are designed to achieve one or more of the following goals:
- to help students demonstrate evidence of learning
- to teach students the process of reflection and self-evaluation
- to facilitate the development of students’ organisational and oral communication skills and to increase their self-confidence
- to encourage students, parents, and teachers to engage in open and honest dialogue
- to encourage students to accept personal responsibility for their learning
- to increase parent understanding of their child’s learning through improving attendance at and satisfaction with the reporting process.
In 3-way conferences, students lead by explaining their learning achievements, as well as areas for improvement. This includes displays of student learning across Unit of Inquiries, standalone subject areas and Transdisciplinary skills during the first semester.
3-way conferences are an
3-way assessment strategies and conferences have benefits for teachers, parents